Forensics, also referred to as speech and debate, is the very best way to prepare students for college, a career and to engage the world around them. Academically Colleges are looking for students who can think, write and communicate effectively. Competitive speech and debate...Read More
Team Policy Debate Team Policy debate is one of three styles of debate where teams (with two speakers per team) either advocate or oppose a resolution that calls for a change in domestic or foreign policy. During the debate round, the Affirmative team upholds the resolution by...Read More
Soli Deo Gloria!
Eligible are Christian, home-educated students ages 12 -18 on January 1, 2015 that are Home Educated defined as follows:
If the following 2 statements can be affirmed (with a yes) the student shall be deemed home educated for Stoa purposes.
1. Your student is at least ONE of the following:
(A) Exempt from public education enrollment and/or attendance in your state
(B) Homeschooled under the statutes or regulations in your state
(C) Enrolled in a non-public home-based educational program according to the laws in your state
(D) Covered by HSLDA
2. Your student is NOT enrolled full-time (full time equals 12 units) in any one of the following:
(A) campus based public or charter school
(B) Public or charter school independent study program
(C) campus-based private school
(D) College classes
For more information on student eligibility for Stoa clubs and competition, visit the Stoa National website at www.stoausa.org.
Mars Hill Speech and Debate Student Registration for 2014-15 will be starting soon! Please email MarsHillSpeechAndDebateClub@gmail.com with CLUB REGISTRATION FORM in the subject line, and you will be sent the club application FAQ forms via email. Please mail completed forms with payment to the address provided on the application. Registration is not complete until club dues are paid. Club application forms are due August 19, 2014.
PLEASE NOTE: The Kick-Off and Parent Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 2 is for registered families only. Thank you!!
Please contact MarsHillSpeechAndDebateClub@gmail.com with any questions.
Come join us!!
1. There is one God eternally co-existing in three persons: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
2. Man is sinful and therefore separated from God, who is holy and perfect. (Isaiah 53:5-9, Romans 3:23, I Peter1:15-16)
3. Jesus Christ paid the eternal penalties for our sin through His death on the cross. (Luke 24:46, I Peter 2:21)
4. Jesus Christ also resurrected bodily and ascended into heaven and will return one day to fulfill His kingdom. (Matthew 28:6, Revelation 19:11)
5. Only through Jesus Christ and the grace of His provision of salvation, may we be saved from eternal punishment, enter into God’s family and receive eternal life. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 6:23, Romans 8:11, I John 1:9)
6. We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testament (66 books) as being verbally and completely inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority in faith and in life.