Forensics, also referred to as speech and debate, is the very best way to prepare students for college, a career and to engage the world around them. Academically Colleges are looking for students who can think, write and communicate effectively. Competitive speech and debate...Read More
Team Policy Debate Team Policy debate is one of three styles of debate where teams (with two speakers per team) either advocate or oppose a resolution that calls for a change in domestic or foreign policy. During the debate round, the Affirmative team upholds the resolution by...Read More
Soli Deo Gloria!
Christian, home-educated students ages 12 -18 on January 1, 2013 and are not graduated from high school may participate in Stoa Speech and Debate tournaments. For more information on student eligibility for Stoa clubs and competition, visit the Stoa National website at www.stoausa.org.
Mars Hill Speech and Debate Student Registration for 2012-13 will open on Saturday, August 18. Space is limited. Registration and payment of club dues will be handled online. A registration link will be provided in the club registration announcement sent via email. 2012-13 club dues will be collected via Paypal during club registration. Registration is not complete until club dues are paid.
If you would like to be on the Mars Hill email list, please contact Rich Fenger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join us!!
1. There is one God eternally co-existing in three persons: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
2. Man is sinful and therefore separated from God, who is holy and perfect. (Isaiah 53:5-9, Romans 3:23, I Peter1:15-16)
3. Jesus Christ paid the eternal penalties for our sin through His death on the cross. (Luke 24:46, I Peter 2:21)
4. Jesus Christ also resurrected bodily and ascended into heaven and will return one day to fulfill His kingdom. (Matthew 28:6, Revelation 19:11)
5. Only through Jesus Christ and the grace of His provision of salvation, may we be saved from eternal punishment, enter into God’s family and receive eternal life. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 6:23, Romans 8:11, I John 1:9)
6. We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testament (66 books) as being verbally and completely inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority in faith and in life.